Friday, March 25, 2011

NAG 2011 Champions

This is an old piece of information but I would like to post it just to have a closure to my earlier article entitled "NAG 2011 Title Contenders" that was posted before the start of the Championship. Sorry to say that I'm unable to post this article earlier as I'm out of the country in the last 2 weeks.

The Champions are listed below:
The Under-18 Boys >> Muhd Nabil Azman Hisham (NR 1893) from Selangor;
The Under-18 Girls >> Latifah Kaiyisah (NR 1548) from KL;
The Under-16 Boys >> Wong Jianwen (NR 1819) from KL;
The Under-16 Girls >> Pavitranayagi Jayamurthey (NR 1560) from KL;
The Under-14 Boys >> Roshan Ajeet (NR 1681) from Selangor;
The Under-14 Girls >> NWM Wendy Tan Li Ting (NR 1688) from KL;
The Under-12 Boys >> Ooi Zhi Yang (NR 1593) from Penang;
The Under-12 Girls >> WFM Nur Najiha Azman Hisham (NR 1748) from Selangor;
The Under-10 Boys >> Teh De Juan (NR 1518) from Penang;
The Under-10 Girls >> Teh De Zen (NR 1376) from Penang;

I'm surprise that I'm able to make a perfect prediction as all names appeared in my list of NAG 2011 Title Contenders. One of the bloggers wrote something in his blog in response to my earlier article before the Age-Group started. I choose not to comment on his article at that time as this may upset some players preparation toward the championship. As for now, I also choose not to comment but all I can say my evaluation did cover a very wide scope (not only technical in chess). You want to know the scope - "Trade secret!".

For the record, I did not make any prediction for both categories in Under-8. The champions as follow:-
The Under-8 Boys >> Tan Jun Ying from Penang;
The Under-8 Girls >> Goh Jie Yi from Penang.

From the stats, Penang won 5 national titles followed by KL with 4 titles and Selangor with 3 titles. So, Penang is the Overall Champion in the Best of the Best Category.