Sunday, March 22, 2009

Congratulation to all 18 students in MSSM

With here, I would like to congratulate 18 of my current and former students who have qualified themselves in MSSM 2009 via Kuala Lumpur (11 pax) or Selangor (7 pax) representation. For the record, each State is allowed to send 36 players to MSSM with the host can add another player to any Individual Category to even up the number of players in the Category.

This year, I've spent the March school holiday helping those who did not make it to MSSM in improving their game for the coming National Age-Group schedules on 4th and 5th April 2009.

I seldom get myself involve with MSSM players during MSSM because I believe preparation towards MSSM must be done prior to the event itself. As an example, I conducted a 15-member elite group training in Dec 2008 and am happy to see many of them qualified into MSSM 2009. My duty as a coach is to provide the basic necessary skills for them to compete against their peers for a place into MSSM. My vision is to see those who have put in effort in improving their games eventually qualifying themselves to MSSM. In over the years, I've always try my VERY best to stay neutral without taking any side to win the MSSM championship as I always tell them the best players (collectively) will win the MSSM Championship.

This year edition saw my students help KL and Selangor to win (1 gold - 1 silver - 1 bronze) from the Individual category, and (2 golds - 3 silvers - 1 bronze) from the Team category. This give a total of 3 golds, 4 silvers, and 2 bronzes. For the record, KL and Selangor won a total of 8 golds, 6 silvers and 3 bronzes from 12 categories contested.

Will they improve their performance in MSSM 2010? Time will tell........